This year two international laboratories were established at the Institute:
1. "Advanced Materials for Quantum Computing and Spintronics" (with Donostia International Physics Center, Spain). For targeted search of these materials Azerbaijani researchers will conduct complex physical and chemical, crystallographic, thermodynamic studies of relevant systems, synthesis of new phases; scientific bases of growth and doping methods of monocrystals will be created. Spanish researchers will perform the theoretical quantum-mechanical analysis of compounds with expected properties of topological isolators, as well as coordination of experimental studies of their physical properties in advanced scientific centers of the world. On the part of Donostia International Physics Center the responsibility was entrusted to Professor Evgeny Vladimirovich Chulkov, but on the part of the Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry of ANAS the responsibility was entrusted to deputy director on scientific works, correspondent member of ANAS, Professor Mahammad Babanly.
President of ANAS academician Akif Alizade, academician Dilgam Taghiyev,
correspondent member Mahammad Babanly and professor Evgeny Chulkov (Spain).
2. "Fundamental study on the synthesis and application of catalysts based on nanocarbon materials, from caustobioliths derived from oil" (together with Technical University of Berlin, Germany; Huddersfield University of Royal Scientific Society of Great Britain; Heat and Mass Transfer Institute of Belarus). At Heat and Mass Transfer Institute of Belarus scientific bases of synthesizing nanocarbon materials derived from crude oil will be developed and their full metrological certification will be performed, at Technical University of Berlin functionalization of synthesized nanomaterials will be conducted, at Huddersfield University of Royal Scientific Society of Great Britain detailed analytical study of these materials will be performed by using up-to-date modern physical and chemical, spectral, magnetic and electron-microscopic methods. At the Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry named after academician M.Nagiyev of ANAS fundamental aspects of using nanocarbon materials as unique catalysts for oxidation of hydrocarbons will be investigated.
Responsible for the implementation of INTERLABCAT project:
- Professor, Dr. Friedrich Jorg Florian (Technical University of Berlin, Germany)
- Professor, Dr. Vishnjakov Vladimir Mikhajlovich (head of laboratory «Materials», Huddersfield University, Great Britain)
- Dr. Filatov Sergey Alexandrovich (head of laboratory “Synthesis and analysis of micro- and nanosize materials”, director of the center «Certification of nanostructural materials», Heat and Mass Transfer Institute of Belarus)
- Professor, Dr. Zeynalov Eldar Bahadur (head of laboratory «Oxidation by hydrogen peroxide with the presence of nano-carbon catalysts», Institute of Catalysis and Inorganic Chemistry named after academician M.Nagiyev of ANAS)
Professor Jorg Friedrich, Professor Eldar Zeynalov and
Professor Manfred Wagner.